Monday, June 10, 2013

You Like Me....You Really Like Me...

I have been nominated. Always a good feeling, though it is generally a friend of yours who loves you and therefore thinks you and your blog rock.

I owe the pleasure of receiving this award to Katie Cross - a fantastic writer/book reviewer if there ever was one.  Want an idea of what to read next? Head over to Katie's place and see what she recommends! She also does this nifty "Question of the Day" thing that will entertain, amuse, or provoke thought.

So, because Katie said so, here I go!
Rules for The Sunshine and Versatile Blogger Award are as follows: 

1. Post the logo above

2. Accept the nomination and link back to the blog that nominated you

3. Answer the questions

4. List seven random facts about yourself

4. Nominate blogs and inform them of the nomination

Answers to the questions I KNOW you've been dying to discover:

Favorite color: Always green, though I do love a nice blue.

Favorite animal: I love animals. Ocelots have always had a special place in my heart for some reason, but aside from them...wolves. Or maybe panthers.
Photo Credit : thelife-animal.blogspot.com


Favorite number: 3 (and any repetition of three. Like 33)

Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Dr. Pepper, Raspberry Lemonade, or Throwback Mountain Dew

Favorite alcoholic drink: No alcohol for me, thanks. Not a fan of the taste.

Facebook or Twitter: Neither and both. Twitter used to be my favorite, but I haven't the time for it as much these days.

My passions: writing, reading, people, artistic ventures, baking, cooking, carbohydrates.

Giving or receiving gifts: Both. I LOVE being given gifts. Feel free to give them to me whenever. I also love to give them - finding just the right thing for the individual on the receiving end.

Favorite city: Most people don't count Chardeau as a city (Though I like it).  Other than that...I've been to Jerusalem. That was a heckuvuh city.
Sunset over Jerusalem


Favorite TV shows: I love TV.  It's a list. Arrested Development, Teen Wolf, The Killing, Merlin, Sherlock, Downton Abbey...all for their own reasons. I'm missing some. Oh, New Girl. A.T.L.A. and L.O.K (yup. Cartoons. Well written cartoons)






Seven random facts (I think I've done this before...)

1. I can't handle the feeling of velvet (everyone should know this from Christmas)

2. I have an over sensitive Ulnar Nerve (for that potentially hilarious story, click here)

3. I want to go to Ireland. Bad. I want to be where my people are from. I intend to make this a reality within the next two years.

4. I work in a fish bowl. A big glass container. Or as one coworker affectionately refers to it...the Penalty Box.
My fish bowl. The glass wall doesn't even go all the way up...

5. My office has an entire wall of posters from TV shows, movies, musicians, and actors (mainly classics like Jimmy Stewart and Cary Grant).  I intend to get more. The most recent Star Trek is the newest to my collection (Placed just below my Star Trek TOS poster)

Portion of my wall. It's hard to get the whole thing in one shot.
6. I went to Israel this year - my first time over seas and out of the country. Had a hilarious time with Brosef, Owen, Joanne, and many others (See those stories here

7. I spend an inordinate amount of time day dreaming. Sometimes I'm playing with the muse and we're writing books, but more often than not I'm imagining up things in my own immediate future (Like time with Brant-CCW. Haven't told you about  Brant? I'm sure I will. Drool.)

BONUS FACT: My bestest buddy Goose and I have British Dinners. We go to our favorite restaurant and speak in accents the whole time.  We also have a fondness for dolphins, geese (surprise, surprise) and squirrels. More on Goose to come.

You have been selected as Tribute:

Stephanie Karfelt of the Glitter Globe fame: theglitterglobe.com

LaDonna Cole the Beta Warrior : http://www.immortalportals.wordpress.com

JB Lynn - the woman who can make me laugh better than any other published author : http://jblynn.wordpress.com/

Karen Amanda Hooper, the fantastic fantasy fiction femme fatale (say that five times fast. Oh wait, I did and it wasn't that hard.) :http://karenamandahooper.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

S.R. Karfelt said...

Can't even say it once, Fantasy Fiction Femme Fatale...

Thank you for the nomination, Ducky (I'm using my fake accent). The Glitter Globe is being dragged into the wilderness to write book #3 in the Warrior of the Ages series. (Yes, Glitter Globes are portable.) See how amazingly VERSATILE my blog is? ;)

Cheerio Buffalo - um, I mean Thanks a lot Ocelot...

Anonymous said...

Yo! Thanks for the nomination! I knew I liked you for a reason! Much much in common!
LaDonna

Unknown said...

you are soo lucky to have an big office